Lee Hyeong-min (이형민)
Lee Kyeong-hee (이경희)
Cha Sang-doo : Rain (비)
Chae Eun-hwan: Kong Hyo-jin (공효진)
Kang Min-suk: Lee Dong-gun (이동건)
Han Se-ra: Hong Soo-hyeon (홍수현)
Sang-doo is Rain‘s debut in the Korean drama scene. I think he did a very good job in Sang-doo. He looks like he was having so much fun playing Sang-doo and he takes you through the journey of Sang-doo’s life effortlessly. It is fun to watch.
- Cha Sang-doo (Rain) and Chae Eun-hwan (Kong Hyo-jin) were high-school sweethearts. Although they were the best of friends and spent lots of time together in the beautiful sea-side town of Namhae, they did not confess their love for each other.
- In a series of tragic events, they were torn apart from each other without a chance to say good-bye.
- Sang-doo had to go to juvenile prison and his foster parents abandoned him.
- Fast forward 10 years later, in the bustling city of Seoul…Sang-doo is now a gigolo. He does this to support his seven-year old daughter Cha Bo-ri, who is battling with cancer.
- One day, he bumps into Eun-hwan by accident (accident is the right word – because he nearly kills her). She is now engaged to a cute, well respected doctor (played by Lee Dong-gun) who happens to be treating little Bo-ri.
- Sang-doo realizes he still loves Eun-hwan and is determined to win back her love. He becomes a security guard at the school she teaches in, and later becomes a student there – just to be close to her.
- Who will Eun-hwan choose? Her first love or Mr Hot-Shot, kind-hearted – treat me like a tree, doctor?
Get the DVD box set!