Don’t pay KRW20,000 for Sea World at 63 Building in Yoido. Go to the Noryangjin Wholesale Fish Market for the real experience. You’ll see stuff that Sea World doesn’t even have.
The Noryangjin Fish Market is Seoul’s main hub for seafood. Restaurant buyers and seafood savvy folk flock here to get the best deals on all sorts of fish everyday. The market is open 24 hours and if you’re really fish crazy, you can come see the best catch of the day get auctioned off daily from 1am – 6am.
For a city girl like myself who does most of her grocery shopping at the supermarket, this fish market was a real freak show. I’ll let these pictures do the talking. Enjoy!
please bear with my erroneous descriptions.
How to get there:
- Route 1: A 5 minute cab ride from 63 Building in Yoido costs only KRW2,100. Do not attempt to walk there from 63 Building or you’ll end up in a mass of expressways.
- Route 2: Take subway line 1 and stop at Noryangjin station. Ask locals for “Noryangjin si jang (노량진시장)” and they’ll point you in the right direction. Or… follow your nose.
More stories of K-popped! Trio in Seoul:
- Having a cuppa at the Coffee Prince Cafe
- K-popped! Trio tries Korean Street Food
- Watching a movie in Seoul
- Staying at Doulos Hotel
- Beautiful Autumn sights in Seoul
- Nanta cooks up a storm for the K-popped! Trio
- Watching Rain on TV everynight in Seoul
- Pepero Day is celebrated on 11.11
- Happy Pepero Day!