CNBLUE’s Kang Minhyuk and Lee Jonghyun’s dramas tops ratings

CNBLUE is taking over TV screens in homes all over South Korea.

CNBLUE members Kang Minhyuk and Lee Jonghyun are currently starring in KBS 2TV’s My Husband Got a Family (Unexpected You) and SBS’s A Gentleman’s Dignity respectively. According to the ratings by AGB Nielsen based on the June 17 broadcast, My Husband Got a Family recorded a 36.2% nationwide rating and A Gentleman’s Dignity was at 16.6%. The combined viewers rating for both dramas came to a whopping 52.8%.

Kang Minhyuk and Lee Jonghyun are  both starring in weekend dramas and fortunately, the broadcast time for these dramas are different. Hence, viewers get to see both CNBLUE members in action.

Kang Minhyuk who plays Kim Namju‘s little brother Cha Segwang in My Husband Got a Family is receiving lots of love from viewers for his acting. He has also earned many nicknames based on his character in the drama such as Mental Broke-down Segwang, Rude Segwang, Stumbling Segwang and others .

CNBLUE Jonghyun Colin Minhyuk Segwang

PICK ONE: Stumbling Sekwang (left) or Tough Colin ^^

Kang Minhyuk made his drama début in It’s Alright Daddy’s Daughter (SBS) and has received positive feedback for his acting ability. He then joined the cast of MBC’s Heartstrings followed by his current drama My Husband Got a Family. Kang Minhyuk is attracting the public’s attention as an actor and is considered an up and coming star.

Meanwhile, A Gentleman’s Dignity marks Lee Jonghyun‘s small screen debut. He appeared on the silver screen in the movie Acoustic – Bakery Attack alongside Kang Minhyuk. For his debut drama, Lee Jonghyun plays 19-year old Colin who is on a quest to find his real father. His strong character in the drama has also gained him nicknames such as Powerful Colin and Tough Colin.

The talents’ agency official said, CNBLUE is working hard for the dramas. They never let go of the scripts and check their lines carefully, not missing even the smallest detail. During the weekend all four members will watch and monitor the dramas and discuss with each other.”

Sources: Newsen|cnbluestorm



Have any Question or Comment?

One comment on “CNBLUE’s Kang Minhyuk and Lee Jonghyun’s dramas tops ratings


In “My husband got a family”, He is so cute and adorable… and the drama’s story is actually so warm and family-like! so funny!


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *