ReVeluv (Red Velvet’s fans club name) were in joy last weekend as Red Velvet was in town for the first time ever to promote their latest mini album, Rookie. Debuting 3 years ago, Red Velvet rose to fame with many hits under their belts such as “Happiness”, “Ice Cream Cake”, “Dumb Dumb” and “Russian Roulette”.
We were invited to the Red Velvet <Rookie> Mini album event on 23rd April 2017. Here are the 6 highlights from the event :
1. FULL HOUSE! – Bentley Music Auditorium, Mutiara Damansara was packed with fans since early morning even though the event only started at 4PM. The show started a little bit late than the promised time as the Rookie Zone was overpacked and they have to move the zone barrier behind to give space for more people to get in. No, don’t worry, no one was forced to leave! :p
2. MISSING JOY – Only four members were present at the promotion tour this time as Joy had a conflicting schedule with her drama. Even though missing in action, Joy greeted fans through the big screen which is enough to make her stans screaming overjoy.
3. WORKING HARD – Irene, Wendy, Seulgi and Yeri didn’t disappoint us. They worked hard to learn a few Malay words as a treat to Malaysian fans which brought huge screams from the floor. When asked if they can speak some Malay words, Wendy said “Hati berdebar-debar. “ (My heart flutters.) while Yeri continued with “Aku cinta padamu!” (I love you!). Not to forget that Wendy was not feeling well that day, she had a sore throat and cold. Besides hearing her hoarse voice, she did not show any signs of feeling sick at all. Good job Wendy!
4. ENERGETIC – Red Velvet performed “Ice Cream Cake”, “Dumb Dumb”, “Russian Roulette” and “Rookie” during the mini album event. The songs’ fun beat accompanied by energetic choreography made the crowd hyped, singing and dancing along to the song. We can definitely say every fan had a good Sunday evening!
5. EYE CANDY – SM Entertainment is known to have such a huge flower garden, (referring to beautiful female idols with good looks) including these four ladies. Each of them have different auras, but we can confirm all of them are beautiful in person.
6. SURPRISE – Credit have to be given to Malaysian ReVeluv for the sucessful fan banner project during Rookie performance. Wendy said she was surprised when she was making a turn, all these banners suddenly popped up in front of her. Before the show ended, fans sang “One of These Nights” as a farewell song to the girls. Red Velvet definitely looked happy and was touched by the surprise. Good job ReVeluv! Here the short clip where fans sang One of These Night.
— K-popped! (@k_popped) April 23, 2017
Before the mini album event, K-POPPED! was invited to the press conference on the day before (22nd April 2017). Greeting the media with some Malay words, Wendy exclaimed “Akhirnya kami di Malaysia!” (Finally we are here in Malaysia!). They received applause from the media as they continued to show off few Malay words they learnt.
Listen to Red Velvet speaking in Malay here :
Held at Pullman Hotel Bangsar, Irene, Wendy, Seulgi and Yeri answered the questions from media with smiles. When asked about what would they do if they were not singers, Yeri said she used to dream to be a fire fighter. So cute! Also when asked about the best advices they have received from theirs seniors, Red Velvet said their seniors said “Stay strong as a team and work as a team!”
Universal Music Malaysia also presented the girls with Malaysian traditional costumes which consists of Baju Kurung, Baju Kebaya, Cheongsam and Baju Punjabi at the end of press conference.
Special thanks to Universal Music Malaysia for the invitation.
More photos here!