Dubbed the Queen of Tropical Flowers, the Hibiscus is both the national flower of Malaysia and South Korea. After achieving its independence in 1957, Malaysia longed for a national flower to symbolize her identity. In 1958, the Ministry of Agriculture sought proposals for a national flower from all state governments. Found in abundance throughout the country, the Hibiscus Rosa Sinesis was chosen to be the national flower in 1960 by Malaysia’s first Prime Minister, Tunku Abdul Rahman Putra Al-Haj. The Hibiscus Rosa Sinensis, also known as the ‘Brilliant Red’ was chosen as it symbolises the nation’s Rukun Negara (principles of nationhood) with its 5 petals. The red colour symbolises the courage and unity of its people. In addition, the many varieties, colour, shapes and sizes of the Hibiscus family reflects the different races, religion and multi-cultural background of the people who live in peace and harmony in Malaysia. The Hibiscus Rosa Sinesis is also locally known as the Bunga Raya.
Apart from Malaysia, the Hibiscus has also been crowned the national flower of South Korea. The Hibiscus Syriacus represents South Korea and is also known as the Rose of Sharon. They are pinkmauve single flowers with a dark magenta eye. Known in Korean as Mugunghwa, the flower’s symbolic significance stems from the Korean word mugung, meaning immortality. This word accurately reflects the enduring nature of Korean culture, and the determination and perseverance of the Korean people in times of trials in the past. According to records, the Koreans have treasured the Hibiscus Syriacus since ancient times and have written about the love for the flower in their national anthem.
Having been impressed by the Hibiscus flower, Mamonde, the flower expert has carried out extensive research to discover the flower’s potentiality in flourishing the beauty inside every woman. Upon carefully studying the ecology of the Hibiscus flower alongside intense observation of the flower blooming in its natural habitat, Mamonde has uncovered the moisturizing properties contained in the Hibiscus flower that could offer flawless hydration to the skin.
Introducing Mamonde’s Moisture Ceramide Light Cream (50ml, RM119) and Moisture Ceramide Intense Cream (50ml, RM129) with its limited-edition packaging featuring the Hibiscus in conjunction with Malaysia’s National Day celebration.
Formulated with the powerful moisturizing Hibiscus extract alongside Ceramide ingredients, the Mamonde Moisture Ceramide Cream helps strengthen skin outer barrier by holding moisture close to the skin. It is suitable for dry and dehydrated skin and upon application, skin instantly feels fresh and moisturised without leaving any sticky residue.
In conjunction with Merdeka Day, Mamonde is inviting all Malaysians to join in the 2017 Exclusive Notebook Design Contest. Themed around the national flower, Hibiscus, the Mamonde’s 2017 Exclusive Notebook Design Contest is initiated not only to unveil the creative side of fellow Malaysians, but it also hope to instil and ignite the spirit of patriotism and love for the country. While this will not only be a golden opportunity to showcase your talent, it is also a period of reflection and appreciation of the sacrifices our leaders in achieving independence for the country. So, hurry up and wait no further! Unleash your creativity and stand a chance to be crowned as the Mamonde’s Exclusive Notebook designer! In addition, the winner will also be entitled to a full year supply of Mamonde Ceramide Range of product worth RM1,584.00.
Mamonde’s 2017 Exclusive Notebook Design Contest
Terms and Conditions for Mamonde’s 2017 Exclusive Notebook Design Contest:
1. This contest is open to all Malaysian citizens who purchase the limited-edition Moisture Ceramide Light or Intense Cream (Limited to only one entry per product purchase).
2. Participants will have to come up with a notebook design in any form or shape of A4 size or less, depending on the contestant’s creativity. It is compulsory for participants to include the product box packaging (which features the country’s national flower- Hibiscus) as part of the contest criteria in designing the exclusive notebook.
2.1 Participants acknowledge and agree that Mamonde will own full rights (including copyright) in and to the work. Participants acknowledge that pursuant to the rights granted to Mamonde in clause 2, Mamonde shall have the sole and exclusive right (and authorise others to):
(a) adapt and/or alter the work (and any part thereof); and/or
(b) use, distribute, reproduce, communicate to the public, promote and/or exploit the work (and any part thereof).
3. Upon completion, participants will be required to upload their notebook designs respectively on Instagram, stating their hopes and aspirations for the country. Captions will have to include #MamondeMY #Inspiredbyflowers#MamondeNotebookDesign
4. Winners will be judged based on 80% design originality and 20% caption relevancy. A total of 3X winners will be shortlisted and chosen (1X Grand Prize, 2X Consolation). The Grand Prize winner will then submit his/her hardcopy design to Mamonde Malaysia.
4.1 Decisions from its panel of judges are final and will be bound to every individual who participate in the contest and no correspondence will be entered into.
4.2 All entries will become the property of Mamonde and will not be returned to the participants.
4.3 To be eligible for a prize, each entry must only include original material created by participants.
5. Mamonde Malaysia will proceed to printing 3,000 notebooks with the Grand Prize winner’s design together with his/her aspiration and hopes for the country inked on the first page of the notebook.
6. In addition, the winner will receive a full year supply of Mamonde Moisture Ceramide range product worth RM1,584.00 (products to be claimed in quarter within a year).
6.1 As for the 2X consolation prizes, winners will receive a Mamonde product hamper worth RM500, each.
7. The exclusive Mamonde notebook will be offered as a complimentary gift when customers purchase Mamonde products in accordance with Mamonde’s marketing promotion and deals.
8. Contest runs from 10 August – 17 September 2017
To check out Mamonde’s flower inspired products, kindly visit any Mamonde beauty counters located at Aeon 1 Utama, PJ, Aeon Mid Valley Megamall, KL, Aeon Bukit Indah, JB, Aeon Tebrau City, JB, Aeon Queensbay Mall, Penang and Parkson KLCC starting 28th July 2017.