Samsung, famous for its innovation has launched a new model of the Galaxy Note series – Galaxy Note8. Packed with multiple new functions and usability, the phone promises to let users “Do What You Can’t” and “Do Bigger Things”.
Also at the launch was South Korea’s Running Man sensation, Song Ji Hyo who graced the launch in black and blue. “Hi everyone, I’m happy to be back here in Malaysia and I’m thankful for all the love I’ve been receiving from the fans everytime I’m here.” Song Ji Hyo, apart from being in Running Man, is also a celebrated actress. This visit is not the first visit for the actress and Serena C, the MC for the day joked that Song should just get a house here and live in Malaysia. She replied “I’ve heard there’s a lot of amazing places here in Malaysia and the many choices of delectable dishes. I would love to stay longer and to be able to visit and enjoy the delicious foods.”
Song helped launch the new Galaxy Note8 and introduced the new features including “Live Message” and “Giftograph”. The Galaxy Note8 features the biggest screen in the Galaxy Note franchise with 6.3-inch Quad HD+ Super AMOLED Infinity Display that lets you see more and scroll less. The phone, which also acts as a personal diary also maintains the S Pen which unlocks entirely new ways to write, draw, interact with the phone and communicate with friends.
As if having a bigger screen is enough, the Note8 also enhances its camera with two 12MP rear cameras with Dual Optical Image Stabilisation (OIS) on both wide-angle and telephoto lenses. Another feature of the camera includes Live Focus which lets you control the depth of field by allowing you to adjust the bokeh effect in preview mode and after a photo is taken.
Other features of the Samsung Galaxy Note8:
- Water and Dust Resistance: Four years ago, Samsung introduced the first Galaxy device with water resistance. And today, you can take your Note almost anywhere you want with water and dust resistance (IP68*) on the device and the S Pen. You can write even when the display is wet.
- Fast Wireless Charging: Two years ago, Samsung introduced the first Galaxy device with wireless charging. The Galaxy Note8 supports the most advanced wireless charging capabilities yet, so you can get a quick, convenient charge without having to mess around with ports or wires.
- Security: The Galaxy Note8 offers a choice of biometric authentication options—including iris and fingerprint scanning. Samsung Knox provides defense-grade security at the hardware and software layers and with Secure Folder, keeps your personal and professional data separate.
- Powerful Performance: With 6GB RAM, a 10nm processor, and expandable memory (up to 256GB), you have the power you need to browse, stream, play games, and multitask.
- Innovative Mobile Experiences: Samsung DeX enables a desktop experience, powered by your phone. You can keep your files on your device, conduct work on the go, and use Samsung DeX when you need an even bigger screen. The Galaxy Note8 includes Bixby, a smarter way to use your phone; it learns from you, improves over time, and helps you get more done.
The Galaxy Note8 is available in Malaysia beginning 21st September 2017. Offered at the recommended retail price of RM3,999 (inclusive of 6% GST), the Galaxy Note8 is available in three colour options – Midnight Black, Orchid Gray, Maple Gold.
For more information on the product and promotions, please visit