Celebrating Asian Pacific American Heritage Month, Los Angeles’s annual event IDENTITY LA occurs next Saturday, May 12th! With performances by Mike Shinoda, Jay Park, Hotel Garuda and more, the event brings together fans for a fun night of live music and Asian fusion street food.. all for free!
Hosted by Wong Fu Productions & Far East Movement, the free event will take place in the heart of downtown Los Angeles in City Hall expanding into Grand Park. The event will begin at 4:00 pm and is expected to last throughout the night until midnight. With the success from last years event with performances from artists DEAN, Giraffage, and Us The Duo, this year the line-up expands! IDENTITY LA this year offers a variety of Asian cuisine and food trucks specially curated by famous chef, Roy Choy!
This years lineup includes performances from artists:
- Filipino-American rapper, producer, and spoken word artist Ruby Ibarra.
- LA based dance crew Kinjaz.
- Resident & tour DJ, DJ ZO.
- Poet, singer, and songwriter MILCK.
- Rapper and National Poetry Slam Champion G Yamawaza.
- Electronic R&B trio The Flavr Blue.
- AOMG singer/songwriter Hoody.
- House Music/EDM duo Hotel Garuda.
- Korean-American singer, songwriter, producer, dancer, rapper, model, choreographer, and actor Jay Park.
- American songwriter, singer, producer, graphic designer, and co-founder of Linkin Park Mike Shinoda.