Behind Hyperplay, ASEAN’s first ever eSports and music festival happening at the Singapore Indoor Stadium this weekend, comes the heavy-lifting work most fans do not see in its lead-up. To give everyone a better idea of what it takes to put together a festival of this stature, the Hyperplay team of insiders goes behind-the-scenes to reveal some of the fascinating backstage facts – revealing nuggets about what it takes to create and produce this hyper-entertaining regional event in Singapore.
FROM THE VENUE OF SINGAPORE INDOOR STADIUM…
· This is the first time an eSports and music festival will be happening at the iconic Singapore Indoor Stadium. Be it the heat or the rain, nothing will jeopardise the epic experience that you’ll have in the cosy indoor sports arena.
· From star-studded concert performances to sporting matches, the Singapore Indoor Stadium has played host to many of the highly anticipated events in Singapore. What better venue to host the first integrated ASEAN eSports – featuring the widely-acclaimed onsite League of Legends (LoL) ASEAN Tournament – and music festival in Singapore than the Singapore Indoor Stadium?
…TO MAIN SHOW PRODUCTION
· A backdrop of LED screens and IMAG screens are used for live viewing. These screens will be used for the music performances as well as the live League of Legends (LoL) ASEAN Tournament.
· A combination of HD multi-cameras and roving ancillary camera unitswill be used for the live telecast and onsite projection of music performances and League of Legends (LoL) action.
· To ensure a truly explosive inaugural celebration, the MTV Spotlight @ Hyperplay will be ignited by lasers, pyrotechnics, confetti and more.
THE WORLD OF DIGITAL
· As MTV produces some of the most talked about live performances and events, MTV has activated its team of digital media experts who will be working 24/7 to deliver content for MTV’s social platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and MTV Asia’s website.
· Digital First exclusive content featuring select artist highlighted tracks will be available after Hyperplay for fans to check out their favorite music moments.
· MTV will be connecting with fans through these social platforms including:
a. “Hoomans of Hyperplay”
i. Check out the treasure trove of beautiful portraits and narrative of fans, cosplayers, personalities and other interesting people captured at Hyperplay 2018! These exciting moments will also be shared on Instagram.
b. Slow-Mo Series
i. Hop on to our Facebook as we capture the most interesting and even normal moments at Hyperplay, made epic by our slow-mo cam!
a. Do not miss out on our Instagram (posts and stories) for the most updated highlights of the event, which will include interviews with fans, cosplayers, and personalities!
a. With the theme “When eSports meets music”, stay tune to Twitter as we let you in on what you can expect at the first eSports & music festival in Singapore!
o MTV Asia
a. Get the latest coverage on mtvasia.com as we bring you through the highlights of the day, with exciting contents like artist snippets!
….AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST, THE ESPORTS FLAIR…
· A total of 4,254 players competed in the highly anticipated League of Legends (LoL) ASEAN Tournament during Hyperplay across 10 ASEAN nations leading up to this weekend’s semi-finals on Saturday and the final tournament on Sunday.
· There was a total of 839 matches played as teams battled it out for the coveted spot to represent their country in the League of Legends (LoL) ASEAN Tournament
· There were over 2.4million streaming views across the 10 ASEAN countries during the qualifiers stages leading up to this weekend’s semi-finals
· League of Legends (LoL) has won global awards including BAFTA Games, Award for Persistent Game, Golden Joystick Award for Online Game of the Year, and Sports Emmy Award for Outstanding Live Graphic Design.