Are you ready, BLINKs? #ICYMI, BLACKPINK is currently on their first-ever world tour! They will be [IN YOUR AREA]; ready to rock the stage and entertain their Malaysian fans on 23rd and 24th February at the Malawati Indoor Stadium, Shah Alam.
2018 was definitely a successful year for the 4-member girl group. Based on Spotify’s data in 2018, BLACKPINK ranked at number #3 on the list of most streamed groups category in Malaysia. The group also dominated Spotify’s K-Pop Daebak playlist last year, as their song Ddu-Du Ddu-Du was crowned the most streamed track on the playlist!
If you need a refresher course on all of BLACKPINK’s greatest hits like As If It’s Your Last and Ddu-Du Ddu-Du , it’s all available on Spotify. Be sure to check out the This is BLACKPINK playlist and sing-along!
Here are some interesting facts about BLACKPINK that BLINKs everywhere would want to know:
- BLACKPINK’s debut EP, “Square Up” skyrocketed the group’s popularity on Spotify and simultaneously racked up global monthly listenership on the music streaming platform with a staggering 4.5million users! Today, they have more than 11 million monthly
listeners on Spotify.
- Did you know that BLACKPINK has only NINE original songs as of today?
- BLACKPINK is the first ever K-pop girl group that is set to perform at Coachella 2019!
- BLACKPINK added one day of extra show in Malaysia for their [IN YOUR AREA] world tour, seeing that tickets to their first-ever concert in Malaysia was sold out within just a few hours.
- The group signed with a US label in 2018 which opens more opportunities for the group to be involved more cross-cultural collaboration; emulating their success with the song Kiss & Make Up with the English singer-songwriter, Dua Lipa.
So what are you waiting for? Happy streaming BLINKs ( 블링크) !