VMware is one of the leading organizations which offer data center virtualization solutions. It is also the globally renowned vendor for IT certifications related to VMware products and technologies. Among the number of VMware credentials, there is one that stands out, and this is VCP6.5-DCV or VMware Certified Professional 6.5 – Data Center Virtualization certification.
This high-level credential is focused on vSphere V6.5 infrastructure and cloud computing in general. If you possess no VMware VCP certifications, you must take the following steps to get certified:
- Gain some practical experience with vSphere 6.5. You have to be conversant with the ultimate vSphere 6.5 environments by practicing the key.
- Finish one of the recommended training courses. The training courses such as those from ExamSnap give you an exclusive understanding of vSphere 6.5. Video training courses are often the best because you see every installation and deployment step of vSphere done by a qualified instructor.
- Pass either 2V0-620 or 2V0-602 (foundation exams). A foundation exam will assess your entry-level skills.
- Pass 2V0-622 professional exam. This is the main test that leads to the VCP 6.5-DCV credential.
Please note that the above exams are going to retire on 30th August 2019 and will no longer be offered thereafter Check it Out.
If you are interested in attaining a prestigious VMwarevSphere V6.5 certification, this article is for you. Below you will find important information about professional 2V0-622 exam and preparation resources you will require to pass it.
Facts about VMware 2V0-622 exam
VMware 2V0-622 is an exam that is meant to sharpen the professionals’ skills in data center virtualization and vSphere 6.5 environments. The test is set to validate the candidates’ ability to deploy, scale, manage, and install vSphere 6.5 environments. 2V0-622 has the following characteristics:
- It comprises of 70 questions
- The time allotted for the exam is 105 minutes
- The format of questions is multiple-choice (single and multiple answer)
- The test is proctored
- Every candidate is expected to reach a passing score of 300 on a scale of 100-500
- The exam will cost you $250
In order to pass VMware 2V0-622 exam, IT professionals must be conversant with the following topics:
- Configuration and Administration of vSphere 6.x Security
- Configuration and Administration of vSphere 6.x Networking
- Upgrading a vSphere Deployment to 6.x
- Configuration and Administration of vSphere 6.x Storage
- Administration and Management of vSphere 6.x Resources
- Backing up and Recovering a vSphere Deployment
- Troubleshooting of vSphere Deployment
- Deployment and Customization of ESXi Hosts
- Configuration and Administration of vCenter and vSphere Availability Solutions
- Administration and Management of vSphere Virtual Machines
VMware always updates its exams to ensure that certified IT professionals are equipped with the latest skills and knowledge that are currently in great demand. As we already mentioned, VMware 2V0-622 exam will no longer be offered after 30th August 2019 . The exam will be replaced by the new VMware 2V0-21.19 test.
Reasons for getting certified
Information technology is one of the most vibrant industries in the world. Every day, many inventions are introduced to simplify the way we do our daily business. Therefore, IT professionals should always look for a way to catch up with new technologies. The following are some of the reasons for getting certified as an IT professional:
- Upgrade your skills
There is nothing more important than being updated in your area of expertise. Technology is not like any other field where you can use the same knowledge repeatedly. The skills and knowledge that you learned during university are now becoming obsolete, and the only way to make yourself relevant in the market is by doing specialized certification exams. 2V0-622 test upgrades your skills in VMware vSphere 6.5 like no other.
- Earn more
One of the reasons that motivate professionals is the fact that certification can help you earn a lot. The skills gained by taking credential exams are always in demand. The employers can only retain you in their companies by paying higher. According to the research done by PayScale.com, the VCP6.5-DCV certified professionals earn an average annual salary of 90,000.
- Win jobs
Many employers are gravitating towards certified professionals during the employment process. This is because the world has seen so many professionals, and now, it is time for specialists to take over the remaining opportunities. With the industry-standard credential such as VCP6.5-DCV, you will surely go far.
- Get a raise
Every person would like to see constant and gradual progress in his or her career. An appropriate credential keeps you relevant in your company and IT industry in general. Get certified, and you will get promoted to assume several roles related to your area of expertise.
- Gain employer’s trust
Employers will always want to hire the right person. Certifications prove that you are skilled in handling various professional tasks for the business. As a result, your resume will always attract the attention of the employers because it shows them that you have exactly what they want (unlike your peers who only have ordinary academic achievements).
Where I got the resources to pass
The most crucial part to focus on is passing the exam with flying colors. During my time with 2V0-622, a friend introduced me to the ExamSnap website, and I purchased the following materials:
- Questions and answers
- Audio guides
- Study guides
These materials made my preparation easy and lively. At long last, I managed to score 400 out of the possible 500.
Having the VCP-DCV 6.5 credential, you can work as:
- Virtualization Engineer
- Data Center Engineer
- Systems Administrator
- Systems Engineer
It is a great milestone when an IT professional gets certified because the industry is very dynamic. You should always ensure that you have at least one certification relevant to your professional area. All the best and good luck with updating your skills!