Rain says the F-word in song

Rain should pay more attention to his pronunciation now that he’s working on an English album. Listening to the Energizer Bunny’s 2006 Japanese album, Eternal Rain, one can hear the young man unintentionally using the F-word in the English version of Sad Tango. As Austin Powers would say: Oh behave! 😉

The 2nd part of the chorus is:

Searching places you might be
Anywhere I’ll go if I can meet
You and tell you how I need you here with me
I can’t live without your love

However, what you’ll hear is:

Searching places you might be
Anywhere I’ll go you’re f****ing me
You and tell you how I need you here with me
I can’t live without your love

Not only that, take a listen to the single off the album, Free Way. All through the hook, Rain, who obviously had a problem rolling his tongue, goes: Come on and lide with me.

Lain, I’m sorry, Rain, meant: Come on and ride with me.

11 thoughts on “Rain says the F-word in song

• December 14, 2008 at 6:31 pm

Why does it sound even better now. Now I have a new reason to listen. O.o maybe Rain really is a Bad Bad Boy.

• November 15, 2008 at 6:52 am

er…. i actually have this song, and pardon me to say this but, He didn’t say the F word AT ALL !! (Searching places you might be /Anywhere I’ll go if I can meet…) now I don’t know, it might exist another english version, but really, I didn’t think so !

• September 18, 2007 at 2:45 pm

in japanese language, they pronounce “R” as “L” … that explain why Rain sings “Ride” as “Lide” … there is nothing wrong with that as “Free Way” is a japanese song … you just need to learn to accept that lah …

\(^o^)P

• August 1, 2007 at 6:26 pm

walau-eh why is he cursing, cursing liddat? Use bad language and all in song some more.

Some more can be star? Come on-lar.

• August 1, 2007 at 1:29 pm

Yah I heard it too. He better pronoucned better if not people would be laughing at him.

• July 31, 2007 at 3:19 pm

i agree with the free way song about the lide but then i don’t quite agree about the sad tango eng version of the song…i hear and hear again the same thing but it doesn’t really sound like the F-word

• July 31, 2007 at 3:15 pm

Hahahaha…yes! It DOES SOUND like he is saying the F-word. 😀

• July 31, 2007 at 3:11 pm

Dun poke fun at his English…At least he is trying very hard. Bi Hwaiting!

• July 31, 2007 at 12:54 pm

Oh goodness! I didn’t notice that in the Sad Tango song. Really? Must go listen again.

Yeah, “Come on and lide with me” just spoils the whole song & the whole album for me. Free Way has quite a nice beat. But then i can’t listen to it because of the bad pronounciation. Not nice la…

Does Rain know he pronounced it wrongly? How come release the album without correcting the error? Where is the quality control team???