Korean entertainment’s Top 100
Want to know who the movers and shakers in the Korean entertainment industry are?
Premiere Korea listed down the Top 100 gliterrati in Korean showbiz and K-popped! highlights the stars that are familiar to us.
#1 – #20
Making everyone else eat his dust is the feminine-looking Bae Yong-joon, who has legions of ajumma fans in Japan. Go, go ajumma power!
SM Entertainment CEO Lee Soo-man, the man behind BoA and TVXQ, comes in at No. 4.
Meanwhile, Park Jin-young – the singer/producer/songwriter who helped mold and shape Rain – slides in at No. 7.
Love your KBS World channel? Then you have man at No. 17 Jung Yun-joo to thank as he’s the president of the Korean Broadcasting System.
The Energizer Bunny a.k.a Jeong Ji-hoon…OK, Rain is hot on the heels of Mr. Jung of KBS. The Speed Racer actor zooms in at No. 18.
Laughing his way to No. 19 is MC and comedian Yoo Jae-suk, who lent his voice talent to the Korean version of Bee Movie.
#21 – #40
Park Chan-wook the man who gave the masses Old Boy blazes a path to No. 27.
The man who gave you Se7en and Big Bang sits at No. 35. Yang Hyun-suk, who was formerly with rock band Seo Taiji and Boys, is currently running the successful YG Entertainment.
Multiple award-winning actress Jeon Do-yeon is at No. 39. While her Secret Sunshine co-star Song Kang-ho trails behind at No. 40.
#41 – #60
There may be many haters out there, but Coffee Prince darling Yoon Eun-hye
is having the last laugh by coming in at No 44.
The gamble on his career must have paid off for Cho Seung-woo, who is at No. 46. The Tazza: The High Rollers actor also does musicals.
Laughter is the way to go for both Kang Ho-dong and Park Jun-hyung who are at No. 49 and No. 51 respectively.
Kim Yun-jin isn’t Lost as the Korean actress has found her way to No. 59 of the Top 100 list.
#61 – #80
I don’t quite get the appeal of this actor, but Hallyu star Jang Dong-gun, who will be making his Hollywood debut in Laundry Warrior, is at No. 65.
Every hot-blooded guy loves sexy singer Lee Hyori, who is your Dark Angel at No. 72.
CF Queen Jeon Ji-hyeon, who makes her Hollywood debut in Blood: The Last Vampire sinks her fangs into No. 77.
#81 – #100
Young and successful, BoA slithers in at No. 84 while D-War director Shim Hyung-rae lands at No. 91.
TVXQ, or the Rising Gods of the East, reigns at No. 92 and causing a whole lot of ruckus at No. 95 is popular boyband, Big Bang…and that’s no Lie ;-).
Rounding up the Top 100 is the musician with the very expensive 15th anniversary album (97,000 won = RM355), Seo Taiji.
Source: K-popped! reader Darcy Kim & Premiere w
ith translations at Soompi
13 thoughts on “Korean entertainment’s Top 100”
SM=TVXQ, Super Junior, BoA, SNSD
@anonymous, thanks for the full listing. Why didn’t you leave your name or something for us to recognise you by?
I got mixed up with SM Entertainment & YG Entertainment’s CEO. When i first saw SM’s pic, i thought…why does he look so old? Then later i found out i was thinking of YG when i looked at SM’s pic.
SM = TVXQ ?
YG = Se7en and Big Bang
ooh thanks for the list!
not enough women near the top of the list
i wish dbsk was higher
Not an ahjumma (yet) but I love BYJ and he totally deserves to be no. 1. Yay BYJ!
1.bae yong jun – actor
2.kim jong hak – drama pd, kimjonghak productions president
3. kim kwang soo – mnet media and gm ceo
4. lee soo man – sm ceo
5. cha seung jae – sidus co-ceo
6. lee mi kyung – cj vice president
7. park jin young – jyp ceo, musician
8. kim shin bae – skt president
9. nam jong soo – sk president
10. lee hae jin – naver & nhn cso founder
11. lee hwa kyung – orion president
12. kim joo sung – cj entertainment ceo
13. kim woo taek – showbox president
14. jung hun tak – iHQ ceo, korean entertainment managers union president
15. kang woo suk – film director, K&J ceo
16. shin dong yup – DY entertainment ceo, comedian
17. jung yun joo – KBS president
18. rain – musician, actor
19. yoo jae suk – MC, comedian
20. um ki yong – MBC president
21. hong suk hyun – jungangilbo (newspaper) president
22. yun sae yong – SBS president
23. ahn pan suk – dramahouse ceo, drama pd, film director
24. koo bon geun – sbs drama bureu director
25. shin hyun taek – samhwa networks president, korean drama producers union president
26. kim soo hyun – drama script writer
27. park chan wook – film directpr, mohofilm ceo
28. kang suk hee – cj media president
29. kim min sook – bareunson entertainment ceo
30. seol do yun – seol & company md
31. song chang ui – tvN president
32. kim kwang seob – lotte entertainment md
33. lee jae woong – daum founder
34. jung tae won – taewon entertainment md
35. yang hyun suk – yg entertainment md
36. kim ki bum – chorokbem media md
37. kim sung soo – onmedia md
38. lee byung hoon – drama pd
39. jeon do yeon – actress
40. song kang ho – actor
41. kim jong shin – yedang entertainment md
42. kim dong ho – PIFF committee chairman
43. park yong suk – pan entertainment md
44. Yoon Eun Hye – Actress
45. ko hyun jung – actress
46. jo seung woo – actor, musical actor
47. jung chan woo, kim tae kyoon – cultoo md’s, comedian
48. yoo in chon – culture, sports tourism bureu minister
49. kang ho dong – mc, comedian
50. park myung sung – shinshi musical company md
51. park jun hyung – comedian
52. kim ui jun – lg art centre theatre manager
53. choi si jong – broadcast communication commission committee chairman
54. park moo seung – km culture md
55. park seung dae – smile mania md, comedian
56. ahn hae ik – jaeil advertisements planning director
57. lee ji na – musical director
58. lee jun ik – film director
59. kim yoon jin – actress
60. lee joo hwan – mbc drama bureu director
61. shim jae myung – MK pictures director
62. jung ku ho – kuho creative director, fashion designer
63. kang je kyu – film director
64. kim byung wook – sitcom pd
65. jang dong gun – actor
66. song seung hwan – pmc md
67. lee yoon taek – producer, poet, theatre art director
68. ju chul hwan – obs president
69. ko dae hwan – olive9 rep
70. yoon shin ae – sakwanamu pictures rep
71. jo sung woo – m&fc rep, film music director
72. lee hyori – singer, cf model, actress
73. yoo yong jin – composer, album producer
74. choi yong bae – chungaram rep
75. jo jae hyun – actor
76. lee yoo jin – jib (film production company) rep
77. jeon ji hyun – actress
78. son suk hee – announcer, sungshin womens university professor
79. kim jong do – namu-actors rep
80. oh min ho – yellow entertainment rep
81. jung won kwan – bugsmusic rep, singer
82. yoon ho jin – acom international rep, korean musical producers committee president
83. lee jang soo – logosfil, rep
84. boa – musician
85. jo sung kyu – sponge rep
86. chun ho kyoon – ssamzie rep
87. na hoon ah – singer
88. lee won jin – google korea, youtube korea rep
89. ha jung woo – actor
90. park keun tae – composer, album producer
91. shim hyung rae – film director, yongoo art movie rep, comedian
92. dongbangshinki – idol singer
93. choi wan kyu – drama scripter writer
94. jung yoon ki – in-trend fashion promoter, stylist
95. bigbang – idol singer
96. kim ji hoon – imm investment rep
97. kang poom – cartoonist
98. Heo young man- cartoonist
99. kim yong ha – author
100. seo taiji – musician
translated by: smr05
wow.. what a great info.. thanks for sharing..
Jang Dong Gun is a brilliant, fantastic, unique Korean actor. And his personality is wonderful. He is a gentle and kind person, no scandals or bad behavior. No arrogant or vain attitude. This is his appeal.
Bae Yong Joon is extremely annoying.
“I actually have a question: where could I find out more about Bae Yong-Joon’s fan crowd of Japanese ajummas?”
Try the fan sites for BYJ. Just Google him. There’s one on Soompi and http://www.happiebb.blogspot.com has a lot of info.
Kim Yun Jin from Lost should be higher on the list along with sexy pop icon Hyori!
Nice Blog! We’re fans of Park Chan Wook and loved all of his films to date. Your review of Oldboy’s real nice. Also, we’re film buffs too! Feel free to swing by for a quick movie reviews. We review Korean films too 🙂
hey that guy name is jang dong gun right..
hello! this is the first time I write in this blog, even though I have been reading it for a while. thanks for all the news and info, it’s fun reading you ^__^
I actually have a question: where could I find out more about Bae Yong-Joon’s fan crowd of Japanese ajummas?
it might sound lame, but it is for a school project XDDD