Big Bang unleashes Haru Haru on 08.08.08

08.08.08: Big Bang drops their 3rd mini album Stand Up today!

Today’s an auspicious date – one that bears witness to the opening ceremony of the 2008 Summer Olympic Games in Beijing! And on this day, Big Bang has released their 3rd mini album entitled Stand Up!

The first song off the six-track album is Haru Haru (Day by Day). Check out the MV featuring actress Park Min-young below!

Seen it already? G-Dragon and T.O.P. get into fisticuffs over the chick, who harbours a secret (don’t they all?). T.O.P. is actually in cohorts with the girl to “protect” G-Dragon by becoming the 나쁜 남자 (bad guy) here.

I like the rap battle that goes on between the two. However, G-Dragon’s hair band-and-eyeliner-look is so…yuck.

Anyway, Haru Haru is going to be another Big Bang hit – these boys are SO on a roll, aren’t they?

Happy Friday…and Happy 08.08.08 everyone!

Centre of attention: G-Dragon and T.O.P. of Big Bang vie for
the affections of Park Min-young (pic above)
in the Haru Haru MV

Gentleman: G-Dragon lends Park Min-young a helping hand
during the Haru Haru MV shoot

Source: K-popped! reader Momovip
Pics as credited

15 thoughts on “Big Bang unleashes Haru Haru on 08.08.08

• December 24, 2008 at 9:18 am

I didn't really get how you explained the music video plot, so i might just be repeated what you just said.
    g-dragon is with Park Min-young, and thye love each other, you know couple rings and stuff. but then Park min-young has a deadly illness, and so in order to protect G-dragon from the sadness, she tries to make him hate her by hooking up with TOP (<3) that's why in hte hallway scene, TOP say "I'm sorry for lying"

• August 9, 2008 at 7:36 am

dang. yeah what’s up with the guyliner? the boys are growin up. especially gdragon.
    that was hot. especially when gdragon was all up in TOP’s grill. it looked like they were about to kiss or somethin.
    hmm…i smell another hit. it’s really catchy.
    and yeah, the girl always has to have a secret. and they always gotta get a shot of her discovering her hair loss.

• August 9, 2008 at 7:20 am

omg. that does NOT look like TOP on the left. he grew taller and lost weight. maybe it’s the angle.
    and i guess gdragon got a mohawk too? i must google!
    even though i haven’t heard their songs but i really want to buy it. Hot Issue is really good.

• August 9, 2008 at 4:19 am

^ i was just about to say that too… reminded me so much of Gummy’s I’m Sorry… the whole cancer secret.

BB did a good job though… i liked GDragon’s look during the flashback scenes… when he looked normal and not too much eyeliner?

• August 8, 2008 at 10:29 pm

Sounds catchy enough…the guyliner does freak me out alittle.

• August 8, 2008 at 9:56 pm

surprisingly i loved the album…i love the mix of music genre!!!
    GO big bang GO

• August 8, 2008 at 9:44 pm

I LOVE THIS SONG! <333

but the MV plot was so.. kinda gummy's i'm sorry MV. haha.

• August 8, 2008 at 7:32 pm

Oh my god, i love this song so much,
    i play it all the time, thank you for showing it!
    we loves your site!
    Best wishes from germany!!!

Alexiel

• August 8, 2008 at 6:21 pm

I like d song.

d scene in d carpark gd lookd so much like a girl, d headband and wat he was wearing. not attractive.

abit weird wearing pink, headband, eyeliner trying to look tough.

• August 8, 2008 at 5:02 pm

The song is amazing!

Definitely another hit for BB. Daishi Dance did an awesome job at the melody. And the lyrics!! GDragon might have outdone himself with this one. ^^

Much has been said about the beatnik headband, the burger king crown, and the blatant abuse of guyliner….so I won't say anything about it anymore.

Oh wait I just did.

<3 Big Bang

• August 8, 2008 at 3:43 pm

aaah, I love this song!! And I agree, the headband and eyeliner was unecessary -_- He looked like a girl lol