The upcoming K-POP CONTEST India 2016 in its 5th edition, is the annual K-Pop contest organized by Korean Cultural Centre India. The cities which will witness the grandeur and craze of K-POP will be Delhi, Kolkata, Bengaluru, Patna, Mumbai, Chennai and Sikkim. The extravagant K-POP Contest India, 2016 grand finale will be held in Chennai on 30th July 2016 at Sir Mutha Venkatasubba Rao Concert Hall.
The participants will undergo three stages of competition- The Online audition (www.kpopindia.com), the Regional round and the Grand Finale. The Regional round will be spread across Delhi, Kolkata, Bengaluru, Patna, Mumbai, Chennai and Sikkim and will be held on the following dates:
- Delhi 6.25.2016 (Sat) / 4:30pm / Korean Cultural Centre India
- Patna 6.29.2016 (Wed) / 1pm / YGL Conference Hall, E1, E2, EPIP, Hajipur
- Sikkim 7.1.2016 (Fri) / 1pm / Manan Bhawan, Gangtok
- Mumbai 7.2.2016 (Sat) / 5pm / Jai Hind College, Pama Thandhani Auditorium
- Kolkata 7.2.2016 (Sat) / 2pm / BD Auditorium, (Laban Hrod Mancha)
- Bengaluru 7.3.2016 (Sun) / 5pm / Xavier’s Hall St. Joseph College
- Chennai 7.20.2016 (Wed) / 4pm / MGR Hall, Hindustan University
Star Empire Entertainment’s rookie group IMFACT will be the judge for the regional round in Sikkim while K-POP Singer/Songwriter DABIT along with Solo artist HAYANA will be the judge for the regional rounds in Kolkata and Bangalore. These artists are no stranger to Indian fans as they have already performed in India. Imfact, at the 2015 K-Pop Contest Grand Finale last August in New Delhi prior to their debut, while Dabit & Hayana recently had a fanmeet in Delhi organized by Pink Box Events on April.
His Excellency Mr. Cho Hyun, Ambassador of the Republic of Korea to India, will be attending the regional round in Sikkim, fostering a strong relationship with the Government of Sikkim, which is supporting the event.
Winners from the regional round will get an all expenses paid trip to compete for the Grand Finale in Chennai. The winning team at the grand finale will be will be nominated for the Changwon Kpop World Festival, amongst other amazing prizes.