The Korean Cultural Centre UK (KCCUK) is proud to host the very first edition of ‘Hallyu Con 2020 Live in London’ !
Date: Sunday, October 4, 2020, 3PM (UK time) / 11PM (Korea time)
Venue: YouTube (@ thekccuk)
Price: Free admission
This one-day online event, which celebrates and showcases Hallyu, the Korean Wave in its various forms, will be live-streamed directly from London at 3pm on Sunday 4th October 2020, through the KCCUK’s YouTube channel.
Despite its online nature, this festival is set to be the ultimate celebration of the Korean pop culture phenomenon – for Korean culture enthusiasts and K-Pop fans! The event will be free of charge and people all around the globe will be able to join in on the livestream.
The event will be presented by two of the most prominent K-Pop YouTubers in the UK – Kai Mastro and Lexi Marie – and will include performances by Korean idol groups A.C.E, VAV, Alexa and AlphaBAT; R&B and Hip Hop artists PLT (members Moti and Jinwoo); singer Seung Yeon Son; indie artists ID:Earth and Turning Table and folk ensemble Micro Universe. Their performances will be complemented by innovative experiences displaying other aspects of Korean culture such as fashion, cinematography, dance and beauty.
The Korean beauty segment will be presented by Maree Kinder, founder and CEO of Beauty & Seoul, one of the UK’s leading Korean beauty products provider.
Korean Cultural Centre UK Director Jungwoo Lee said “The festival will be an opportunity to introduce a new side of Korea to UK audiences and reveal how Korea has become a cultural hub that is connecting people across the world”
The programme will incorporate a plethora of activities aimed at entertaining and engaging with the audience. These will include, but won’t be limited to:
- A fashion show highlighting popular Korean clothing trends loved by enthusiasts all around the world as well as introducing some of the brands that brings them to life;
- Hallyu discussion, challenges and games with K-Pop influencers such as Johnny, Raffy, Margarita, Gee and Jessica as well as the presenters Kai and Lexie;
- Talk about the globalisation of Korean movies (such as Parasite), dramas (such as Kingdom) and the impact platforms such as Netflix have in this process;
- K-Pop dance demonstration by worldwide famous cover groups such as UJJN, Risin, IlovedanceNY, amongst others;
- Korean food exhibition, and much more.
In light of the damage caused by COVID-19 in communities across the world, the Hallyu Con 2020 Live in London will also join hands with the UK charity Children and Families Across Borders (CFAB) to raise money in support of those who are in need. Viewers will be able to donate on the day of the event, through links on the KCCUK’s YouTube channel (during the livestream), and all proceeds will go towards helping the children and families CFAB supports.
Official Instagram Account: https://www.instagram.com/hallyu_con/
Hallyu Con 2020 is:
Supported by Korean Foundation for International Cultural Exchange (KOFICE); Hallyu Com-On
Presented by Korean Cultural Centre UK & The Korean Wave Community (K-Events, My Wave Collective, UK BTS ARMATION)