Buckle your seatbelts for a nostalgic car chase through the ‘80s — Netflix has announced that Seoul Vibe — which features an ensemble cast that includes Yoo Ah-in, Go Kyung-pyo, and more — will be released on 26 August.
A dynamic combo of stylish action, visuals, and music, the action blockbuster revolves around a ragtag team of drivers and mechanics who went undercover to investigate a VIP’s slush fund in the days leading up to the 1988 Olympics. Paying homage to the era, Seoul Vibe will also feature classic vehicles from the ‘80s alongside trendy contemporary music.
The stylish “Sanggye-dong Supreme Team” is made up of:
- Highly-skilled drifter Dong-wook, played by Yoo Ah-in of Hellbound and #Alive
- Sentimental DJ John Woo, played by Go Kyung-Pyo of Reply 1988
- Navigator Bok-nam, played by Lee Kyu-hyung of All of us Are Dead and Prison Playbook
- Versatile biker Yoon-hee, played by Park Ju-hyun of Extracurricular
- Youngest-of-the-group Joon-gi, played by Ong Seong-wu of South Korean boy band Wanna One
From popping visuals and music to the unique and nostalgic setting revolving around the 1988 Seoul Olympics, the film is bound to provide fans with a treat for both the eyes and the ears.
Seoul Vibe will be globally released on 26 August, only on Netflix.
Title : Seoul Vibe
Directing : Moon Hyun-sung
Cast : Yoo Ah-in, Koh Kyung-Pyo, Lee Kyoo-hyung, Park Ju-hyun, Ong Seong-wu, Oh Jung-se, Jung Woong-in, Moon So-ri, etc.
Producers : Yoo Hyung-Seok, Kwon Oh-hyun
Production : ANDMARQ STUDIO
Co-Production : MCMC, UAA
Distribution : Netflix