Over 50 shows were presented at Disney’s star-studded Content Showcase in Singapore, including a host of movies and series from Marvel Studios, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar, Lucasfilm and new APAC Originals for Disney+ and Disney+ Hotstar
The Walt Disney Company Asia Pacific today unveiled an unforgettable slate of upcoming movies, series and new APAC titles for Disney+ and Disney+ Hotstar at a star-studded event at Singapore’s iconic Marina Bay Sands. Featuring guest appearances from the stars and cast of Disney’s new Korean dramas Big Bet, Connect and Call it Love; Japanese titles House of the Owl, Gannibal, and Dragons of Wonderhatch; as well as Indonesian series Teluh Darah, Mendua, Hubungi Agen Gue, Tira, Wedding Agreement The Series Season 2 and Jurnal Risa, today’s event saw the unveiling of over 50 shows to hundreds of press and partners in attendance.
The showcase featured an expansive slate of global tentpole titles which were first presented at D23 Expo in Anaheim, including:
- Marvel Studios: Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania, The Marvels, Secret Invasion, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, Loki Season 2
- Walt Disney Animation Studios: Wish, Iwaju
- Pixar: Elemental, Win or Lose, Elio, Inside Out 2
- Walt Disney Pictures: Haunted Mansion, The Little Mermaid, Snow White, Mufasa: The Lion King, Peter Pan & Wendy
- Lucasfilm: The Mandalorian Season Three, Ahsoka, Star Wars: The Bad Batch Season Two, Star Wars Visions Volume Two, The Acolyte, Indiana Jones 5
Closing the showcase was a special presentation of the wildly anticipated Avatar: The Way of Water, directed by James Cameron and produced by Cameron and Jon Landau, starring Zoe Saldana, Sam Worthington, Sigourney Weaver, Stephen Lang, Cliff Curtis, Joel David Moore, CCH Pounder, Edie Falco, Jemaine Clement, and Kate Winslet. The film opens globally in theatres on December 16, 2022.
The Walt Disney Company Asia Pacific also announced today an expansion of its long-standing strategic collaboration with leading publishing house Kodansha to include Japanese anime. This expanded collaboration will include licensing exclusive SVOD anime titles based on manga produced by Kodansha that will be available exclusively on Disney+ and Disney+ Hotstar, starting with Tokyo Revengers: Christmas Showdown Arc.
“Our aspiration is for stories from the Asia Pacific region to be a key pillar for the next 100 years,” said Carol Choi, Executive Vice President of Original Content Strategy, The Walt Disney Company APAC. “Our curated content from APAC is a key part of the unparalleled storytelling and creative excellence The Walt Disney Company is known for, and we look forward to further showcasing storytelling excellence from the region on the world stage.”
Key highlights of the new APAC content slate include:
The Worst of Evil
SUPER JUNIOR: THE LAST MAN STANDING
Call it Love
- Call It Love: Directed by Lee Kwangyoung, the master of romantic dramas, Call It Love tells the story of a mistreated daughter who seeks revenge on her mistress after the sudden death of her father.
- Moving: Starring Ryu Seungryong, Han Hyojoo and Zo Insung, Movingis based on a popular webtoon by Kang Full and tells the story of three teenagers who discover they’ve inherited unusual powers from their secret agent parents
- Worst of Evil: Set in 1990s Korea, The Worst of Evilfollows an investigative taskforce as their undercover officer, Park Joonmo, infiltrates a new criminal organization responsible for fuelling a trafficking triangle. Starring Ji Changwook, Wi Hajun and Lim Semi, production is currently underway on this exciting new crime drama.
- RACE: Written by acclaimed screenwriter Kim Roori, RACE is about a mediocre employee who unleashes her potential after discovering she was hired at her top-tier publicity company for diversity reasons.
- SUPER JUNIOR: THE LAST MAN STANDING: On November 6, 2005, a K-pop group SUPER JUNIOR 05, made their debut. First leaving their mark on Asia, they rapidly grew, becoming SUPER JUNIOR, and amazed audiences across the world. In SUPER JUNIOR: THE LAST MAN STANDING, viewers are taken behind-the-scenes in a one-of-a-kind exploration of SUPER JUNIOR and its members, offering new insights into the modern K-pop industry.
- BTS MONUMENTS: BEYOND THE STAR:An exclusive Disney+ Hotstar original, this music docu-series will chart the incredible journey of 21st century pop icons BTS. With unprecedented access to a vast library of music and footage over the past nine years, the series will feature the daily lives, thoughts and plans of BTS members, as they prepare for their second chapter.
- j-hope Solo Documentary (working title): Following pop star j-hope in the lead-up to his recently released solo album, this upcoming documentary features never-before-seen interviews with j-hope, a behind the scenes look at his solo album preparation process, his 2022 Lollapalooza performance and a unique look at the album’s listening party.