With the hype surrounding GOT7‘s latest music video for their single ‘A‘ which was filmed in Malaysia earlier in June this year, we at K-popped! would like to compile a short list of K-pop music videos which were filmed on our local shores!
1) First, let’s go back to 2003 when Wheesung filmed his music video with the tropical coconut trees in the background for his song ‘With Me‘.
2) Super Junior filmed their music video for ‘Dancing Out‘ in 2006 with the iconic Petronas Twin Towers as their backdrop.
3) Singer Byul (HAHA’s beloved wife) was spotted in a few places around Malaysia, such as the pristine beaches of Langkawi, Petaling Street, Pavillion, and KLIA in her music video for ‘Bikini‘ in 2008.
4) B.A.P. had a lot of fun around Sunway Lagoon in the video montage for their music video ‘Crash‘ in 2012.
5) In another video montage, Boys Republic put together a cute video incorporating their Malaysian fans for ‘L.I.U.‘ in 2013.
6) Rookies MOVE IN KEY (M.I.K.) filmed their music video for ‘We Are’ in Kuala Lumpur when they were in town during 2013 for their first album promo tour.
7) LUNAFLY was in town in March 2013 for their first showcase in Malaysia and shared their memories during their first visit in their music video ‘Innocent And Young’.
8) Last but not least, GOT7 recently filmed their music video ‘A‘ in Malaysia. Though some parts might look like it is set in America, it was actually shot on location in Shah Alam. There are also some details such as signs in Bahasa Malaysia in a local hypermarket in Mutiara Damansara which clues the viewers on the location. We love the hilarious local actors in the music videos too!
9) August 2014 – AlphaBAT was back in Malaysia for a Selamat Hari Raya Showcase and were spotted filming their new music video ‘Oh My Gosh’ around The Lost World of Tambun and Kellie’s Castle in Perak.